[Mailmunge] make test failures

Dianne Skoll dianne at skollsoft.com
Mon Jun 14 22:01:53 EDT 2021

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:05:14 -0700
Alan Premselaar via Mailmunge <mailmunge at lists.mailmunge.org> wrote:

> I have an CentOS 7 server that I'm trying to do the install on and I
> believe I've met all the required and optional module installation
> criteria but 'make test' is throwing a few errors that I'd like some
> clarification on.

Is the machine connected to the Internet?  t/91-getmx.t will fail
if the machine can't do DNS lookups.  If on that machine you run:

   host -t mx bogus-all.mailmunge.org.

you should see something like this:

   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 answer.mailmunge.org.
   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 bogon-0.mailmunge.org.
   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 bogon-1.mailmunge.org.
   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 localhost.mailmunge.org.
   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 priv-a.mailmunge.org.
   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 priv-b.mailmunge.org.
   bogus-all.mailmunge.org mail is handled by 1 priv-c.mailmunge.org.

though possibly in a different order.

The t/10-smtp-forward.t failure is harder to explain.  Please run:

strace -s128 -f prove -v -l t/10-smtp-forward.t > trace.out 2>&1

and send me (off-list) trace.out, to dianne at skollsoft.com

Regards,

Dianne.