[Mailmunge] Context vs Filter Docs

Dianne Skoll dianne at skollsoft.com
Sun Aug 1 09:09:03 EDT 2021

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 13:52:05 -0400
postfix--- via Mailmunge <mailmunge at lists.mailmunge.org> wrote:

> Accessor accessibility mentioned on the context page doesn't always
> match what is listed on the filter page. For examples:

OK.  It's a little hard to describe what's going on, but:  The documentation
in Mailmunge::Filter lists those context accessors that are set
*upon entry to the callback*

The Mailmunge::Context page lists all of those accessors, *plus* some
accessors that are set only if the filter calls certain actions.

> - Context says 'connecting_ip' and 'connecting_name' is in all
> callbacks. Filter page only list them in filter_message().

In all other callbacks, hostip and hostname are identical to connecting_ip and
connecting_name.  In filter_message, they may be different if Mailmunge
detects a remailed message (see Mailmunge::Action::Stream)

> - Context says 'cwd' is in filter_sender, filter_recipient,
> filter_message, and filter_wrapup. Filter page only list it in
> filter_recipient().

This one is actually an error.  Context is connect; I will update
Filter to reflect that.

Regards,

Dianne.