[Mailmunge] Future of ::Compat?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skollsoft.com
Mon Aug 2 09:10:48 EDT 2021

On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 09:03:54 -0400
postfix--- via Mailmunge <mailmunge at lists.mailmunge.org> wrote:

> To clarify, is Mailmunge::Filter::Compat purely defang compatibility
> features that could go away in the future? Or does it also have
> features that are here to stay?

It's here to stay.  For some use-cases, the filter_begin/filter/filter_end
calls are very convenient.  In fact, I expect most Mailmunge users to
use Mailmunge::Filter::Compat as the basis for their filters.

Mailmunge::Filter is available in case someone doesn't need all the
machinery in ::Compat and doesn't want it in memory unnecessarily.

Regards,

Dianne.