[Mailmunge] Spec file to build Mailmunge RPMS

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jun 10 23:59:04 EDT 2022

On 6/9/2022 7:38 AM, Dianne Skoll via Mailmunge wrote:
> For some reason, it fails without --nodebuginfo and I don't know enough
> about RPM-based systems to understand why.

I think the issue is that the primary package is empty but declares an
architecture (by not declaring itself noarch). RPM seems to be unable to
have an empty noarch primary package that brings in a subpackage with
binaries, unless you give up the facility of debug packages. So it might
be necessary to either give up the debug package or merge the -base
package (with the C binaries) into the main package.

I just remembered that ISC's BIND package for Software Collections has a
meta package, though, so I'll go see what they did.