[Mailmunge] Mailmunge 3.08 BETA 1 is available

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Jun 12 15:51:46 EDT 2022

--On Sunday, June 12, 2022 1:28 PM -0400 list--- via Mailmunge
<mailmunge at lists.mailmunge.org> wrote:

> I believe you can do something like
>
>     dnf install package.rpm
>
> to install downloaded packages without needing a repo.
> I will try it tomorrow for grins and giggles and see what happens.

Correct. Just list all the subpackages you want, so dnf/yum can resolve the
dependencies and install them in the right order.

So first build the suite of RPMs. I create a special user "buildmeister"
just for building them. (The name is from packaging examples on the ancient
rpm mailing list of two decades ago.) Run rpmdev-setuptree from the
rpmdevtools package to create that user's build tree and an initial
.rpmmacros file. I add this to .rpmmacros to append my initials to the
release on my packages so it's easy to tell which installed packages are
mine:

%dist kp

Build the package with:

rpm -tb mailmunge-$VERSION.tar.gz

You'll find the outputs in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/*

As Dianne notes, this installs to different directories, so you'll want to
first uninstall the non-RPM version and back up your configuration and
filter.