[Mailmunge] mailmunge and multiplexor services

Dianne Skoll dianne at skollsoft.com
Wed Aug 4 09:47:42 EDT 2021

On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 09:39:58 -0400
postfix--- via Mailmunge <mailmunge at lists.mailmunge.org> wrote:

> Few questions; Is it normal for an extra multiplexor to be running
> over the MX_MINIMUM? I have minimum set to 2 but in top i see

Yep.  One is the master process; the others are the workers.

>    mailmunge-mx[32836]: Worker 0 stderr: Use of uninitialized value
> in exit at /usr/local/share/perl5/Mailmunge/Filter.pm line 892.

Your $filter->cleanup() function is not returning any value.  It should return
an exit status (not sure if this is in the docs, but I'll put it in if
not.)

> On restarting i see in the logs it says no queuing allowed even
> though i think i have it set correctly in defaults to allow queuing.

> AllowNewConnectionsToQueue=0 doRelayCheck=0 doHeloCheck=0
> doSenderCheck=0 doRecipientCheck=0

> /etc/defaults/mailmunge:

>    ALLOW_NEW_CONNECTIONS_TO_QUEUE = yes

You cannot have spaces around the = signs.  Neither the shell nor
systemd will assign variables properly if you do that.

Regards,

Dianne.