[Mailmunge] Mailmunge 3.09 is Released

Dianne Skoll dianne at skollsoft.com
Mon Aug 1 14:28:37 EDT 2022

On Mon, 01 Aug 2022 14:25:49 -0400
list--- via Mailmunge <mailmunge at lists.mailmunge.org> wrote:

>     Key => Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey->load(Data => get_my_key()));

That's pseudo-code.  It's up to you to implement something that
returns the key, whether that's reading from a file, pulling the key
from a database, or whatever.  It's outside the scope of what
Mailmunge can do.

> And if you don't mind answering, I am also curious as to why this
> feature was added to mailmunge. What does it set out to solve vs
> using a DKIM milter?

It lets you conditionally sign using whatever policy you like.  Maybe
you don't want to sign mail unless it was sent via SMTP AUTH.  Maybe
you want to use a different DKIM selector for mail from a specific IP
range.  Or whatever... the point is that it lets you implement your
DKIM-signing policy with all the expressiveness of Perl.

Regards,

Dianne.